The Center for Career and Life Transitions (CCLT) helps people in transition leave Anxiety behind, establish Balance, and move forward with new-found Confidence. CCLT offers career-development and life-skills advice, self-discovery assessments and tools to help you achieve your career goals.
The ABC Change Model™ lays out a step-by-step path to successful and meaningful change.
People often find themselves so busy taking care of others—aging parents, children, spouses, or partners—that their own voices become drowned out; and it becomes harder to imagine themselves in a new situation.
CCLT and our Transition Resources are especially designed to help you:
- Advance Your Career (land your dream job, discover your work passion, develop leadership and business communication skills)
- Strengthen Relationships at Work and Home (successfully resolve conflicts, enhance interpersonal skills, assimilate into new environments at work or home)
- Bounce Back From Setbacks (recover from rejection, move beyond disappointment, overcome defeat)
If you are in transition, CCLT provides a forum for you to share your experiences, acquire practical tools to help you learn effective strategies to move smoothly through life’s transitions.
Imagine that you are deeply involved in a conversation on your mobile phone. Suddenly, the phone goes dead with no feedback from the person on the other end of the line. Your first reaction might be to ask, “Can you hear me? Can you hear me now?” This catch phrase in the Verizon Wireless ad, “Can you hear me now?” has become a common question for mobile phone users of all brands. But have you ever thought that your career may be asking YOU this very question? Let’s call it your career voice: the subconscious voice that asks you, “Who do you want to be in the world of work?” You may have unconsciously heard that career voice when you met someone you wanted to impress. After introducing yourself, perhaps you were asked, “So, what do you do?” When you imagine what you would have liked to say, that is part of your career voice whispering in your ear.
When you begin thinking about a career change, your career voice sends you multiple messages. Some of these messages are playful, letting you spend enjoyable moments in a fantasyland, but much of your career voice is trying to guide you toward a new career opportunity. Deciphering meaning from these messages is the structural framework you need in order to build a bridge toward your new career. That voice is saying, “Can you hear me now?”
It’s important to know what to expect when you choose to listen to your career voice. When you are considering a life change, it’s normal to experience three emotional states: Anxiety, Balance, and Confidence, The ABCs. Each state is a step in the predictable process of change.
BRIDGES will help you:
- Journey through the ABC Change Model™ of Anxiety, Balance, Confidence.
- Promote self-reflection, discovery and insight to determine the best career direction.
- Clarify your thoughts and feelings about today and tomorrow’s world of work and life.
- Develop practical career strategies to change old, nonproductive, ingrained habits.
- Overcome common life/career stage-dilemmas with positive resolutions.
- Create an enhanced and positive psychological state of mind while planning for a new career or a change in an existing career.
- Increase your comfort in taking risks by adapting actions to your career risk/tolerance level.
- Launch a successful career/job change, employment search or professional development journey with confidence.